Monday, March 20, 2006

The media and polls

When I was younger I worked as an assistant manager at a fast food chain on evening shift. After cleaning up a few of us would stick around and just talk. One of the guys was from a religious family and when he was a kid they lived in Africa where his parents taught at a mission school. He bragged that they taught all religions there, but that all their students selected their religion as they one to follow. He felt that this proved that his religion (I don't remember for sure, but I think he was Baptist) was the right one. He could never understand why I thought it didn't prove anything but that their students liked them or what the school provided.

Recent media stories on the War in Iraq is failing based on polls reminded me of this guy. I wonder if he works for the Washington Post or CBS now? This comic today from Winger says it best;


By the way, why are we still calling this the War in Iraq? Isn't this more of a Police Action than Vietnam or Korea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home